Sunday, January 24, 2010

whirl wind weekend. (say that 3x fast!)

first off, check out my niece's 1st birthday cake! It's amazing! (and it was quite delicious i might add--strawberry!)


weekends at my parents house are ALWAYS a good time! like i mentioned before, i love being around my family, more than the average college student i'm sure, and to clear something up...my FATHER is also one of my favorite people in the world! (he got a little sour after seeing i had only mentioned my mother and sister's in my "family" post. sorry daddy!)

when i arrived in hillsboro on friday night the whole family loaded up and went out to eat (we used to do this quite often but it had drifted off the charts recently) at el conquistador--el con for short! this is my absolute favorite place to eat when i go home. one of my best friends growing up family owns the chain and i have been eating there for literally, my entire life! some will argue, but el con is by far the best TEX-MEX in my opinion...maybe i'm bias?! if you ever drive north on I-35 towards dallas/fort worth, exit off in hillsboro and try yourself some el con, you won't be disappointed! (it's just across from the booming outlet mall.)

this week should be pretty calm, the school work hasn't really set in quite yet. i do have to get started on a project due next tuesday...should be pretty fun to do, so i'm not dreading it!

not a whole lot to talk about today--more later on this week! going out for dollar margarita's tomorrow night with my friend Jamie! she's leaving to student teach for the semester...it's going to be weird not seeing her all the time. off to the real world (sort of). we're all growing up so fast...not just my 1-year-old niece!
__________________________________________

Words of Inspiration for the Day

"it ain't that i can't see, or find my way home, it's just that i like to breath, out on country roads." --ryan bingham


Ryan Bingham is one of the best Texas musicians to date. his songs and lyrics hit home; this line from "Country Roads" reminds me that no matter where life may take me, i'll always remember where i came from--and late nights on country roads!

No comments:

Post a Comment