Tuesday, January 19, 2010

i like copying caroline meinen...daily!

so, to copy my good and dear friend caroline (who recently updated her long over due blog as well) i decided to get on here and update my life to all my curious readers--i know there are SO many!

2009 = the worst/BEST year of my life. i am SO glad it's over--new start, new year!

my number one hope for 2010 is for me to be HAPPY! really and truly happy with: myself, my life, my aspirations, my writing, my health, my body, my words, my EVERYTHING! i figure why dwell in the past and look down upon myself for all the "imperfections" i thought were weighing me (literally) down. time to get past all the negative and become my OWN person with my OWN thoughts and goals! (something i thought i had always attained, but recent episodes of me feeling "sorry for myself" or "depressed" even have shown me that i only thought i had it all together--it's time to GET it together now!)

i've started applying--like a mad woman--to any and every journalism industry job i can get my hands on, even the really unrealistic ones that just sound so fabulous i couldn't resist. though people (i.e. my friends, family, professors, classmates, etc.) tell me i am "wishing my life away" by constantly expressing my burning desire to be DONE with school, i cannot wait to start my professional life. college has been amazing! don't get me wrong, but i went through so many hard times and emotional issues that i just want it all in the past. yes, i will miss the freedom of not paying my own bills and whatnot, but i am more than ready to take on the responsibility of supporting myself (my mother would be proud) and wake up every day to go to a job i may (or may not) love!! i want to close this book called "betsy's aggieland experience" and start a brand new series titled, "TBD: the tales of betsy post grad"--pretty catchy huh?!

i am going to try my hardest to keep blogging on here, if not 3 times a week than at LEAST once a week. my life, at the moment, isn't the most exciting thing in the world...therefore i don't have much to work with, but being a great writer is being able to write about ANYTHING. this is my challenge for the remainder of the semester: write more, read more, live more.

deuces.


No comments:

Post a Comment