Monday, January 25, 2010

step & kick.

go team kick BUTT! (that would be caroline & me today!)

for the last hour we worked out harder than i have in a longggg time! 2.5 mile walk with lunges, glute kicks, side lunges, side kicks (for those pesky love handles) and high-knee skipping. i haven't pushed myself that hard in a good while and even though it wasn't the most ridiculous workout, it was still at 2 in the afternoon on a sunny day--my head is like a wet mop. we definitely burned some calories and i am going to feel it--in my my butt, my thighs, my calves, everything--in the morning!

i'm so proud of myself (and my roommates) for keeping this healthy, walking kick we have going! there has always been talk of "i'm going to start working out on monday," or "i'm so sick looking, i have got to start doing something about it." well, now i am...we all are! it's always easier to change your lifestyle when people you are around the majority of your time are on the same page. i can't wait to see some results--i can feel it working now but seeing it is a completely different story.

meet Izzy (my family dog)--this is about how i feel right now...pooped!


__________________________________________

Words of Inspiration for the Day

"unless you puke, faint or die, keep going"--Jillian Michaels


basically, she scares the dog-tar out of me on The Biggest Loser and if her words can help people in need of a LOT more exercise than i do...then i am going to cherish them along my new healthy road.

No comments:

Post a Comment