Wednesday, February 10, 2010

these boots are made for walkin'

i started out the week with a bang...missing class and work on monday due to the inability of keeping anything with substance down since 3:40am that morning. it was awful--food poisoning maybe? who knows. i'm just glad it was only a 24hr thing, i have way too much going on this week for all of that business.

now, of course it's already wednesday and i am just now updating since last week, but better late than never. quite a bit has gone on and i am happy to say that the Southern Belle Glamour party i hosted on friday night went AMAZINGLY well! afterwards, all of us a great time in our "peace, love & TROUBLE" shirts at the Wade Bowen concert too! he loved them so much we even got called up on stage to show them off--basically the highlight of my life! here are some photos to recap the evening:


(SBG's set up at my house!)


(southern belle's rockin' peace, love & TROUBLE!)
(my friends Liza & Caroline, SBG girls Rachel & Jessica, and me with my sister, Emily)


(the amazing Wade Bowen--such a good show!)

on another note i received some more good news about interning at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo this year: i got the communications writing internship as well so i will be staying in houston for 2 straight weeks this year! i am beyond THRILLED! so much great experience and new things to learn plus, i can't wait to see some familiar faces from last year. i will make sure to find time to update on here once i arrive and things start to get interesting. i love stock shows and rodeos...so happy to be a part of the largest and most exciting one in the nation!

this friday i will venture home to spend some time with my family and see my sweet little niece! i'm pretty pumped about this, seeing as saturday my parents and i are supposed to go up to the Fort Worth Stockyards to Fincher's and get me a NEW PAIR OF BOOTS and hopefully some much needed jeans that'll actually fit over my boots! I absolutely loveeee the Stockyards and have been going to see my cousin at Fincher's for just about as long as i can remember...always a good time! To get the full effect, read my write up on texasmonthly.com about the Stockyards, Talk Rodeo!

that's about it for now, i will post a picture of my new fabulous boots (keep your fingers crossed) when i get them on saturday! for now, i will leave you with this...
______________________________

Words of Inspiration for the Day

"find the strength to rise above,
you will find just what you're made of
...one day you will."
--Lady Antebellum



love, love, love Lady A! they are my sister, Emily and I's go-to-band for just about every road trip or semi-long car ride we take together. they are going to be at the houston rodeo while i'm there, can't wait to finally (and hopefully) see them in concert. i love this song, One Day You Will; every time i hear it is just reminds me that everyone is going to have problems and hard times that make you feel like the smallest person in the world, or all alone in a crowded room, but you just have to keep looking forward to the bright side at the end of the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment