Wednesday, February 17, 2010

freeze frame time.

what a week this has been! VERY exciting things have happened and it's only WEDNESDAY! i just love days/weeks/hours/minutes like this...they remind me why giving up is never an option when it comes to going for what i want in life.

a friend of mine asked me if i would like to start helping her manage a blog she has about Texas Country Music (aka my life) and of course i jumped on it! i am so thankful to have people in my life who trust in me and believe that i can (and will) do what it takes to lend a hand. my ultimate career goal (besides writing for Texas Monthly one day) is to write about music--Texas music--and this opportunity is helping me get my foot into that door and hopefully some guidance on how to keep doing what i love on a wider scale!

thank you jessica SO VERY much for this chance, and i promise to deliver my love for Texas Music to the pages of the Texas Country Music Scene blog to the best of my ability! If you have Facebook, become a fan of Texas Country Music Concerts (i'm helping out with that a little bit too)!!

another fabulous thing that has happened this week is this BIG TIME group project i have been busting my butt on for a good while now is finally finished! it was a lot of fun to work on and all of the people in my group meshed really well together! (we're pretty funny people if i do say so myself!) check out our finished product here: Team WOW!

also, my FINAL project as an intern for Texas Monthly just came out in the latest issue--March 2010!! it is the first interview i got to do this past summer when i was an intern; it's with Trevor Brazile, the current (and 7 time) world champion all-around cowboy in the PRCA! i hope to see him at the Houston Rodeo while i'm there interning too...that way i can properly introduce myself and cheer him on in the roping events there as well! the piece in TM is a mini version of our interview in the Horse's Mouth section: Being a Rodeo Cowboy...go have a look-see!

i have been very very blessed here lately and i cannot wait to see all the amazing things my future holds for me! just like Mr. Brandon Rhyder says..."these are the moments, i wish i could freeze frame time!"
______________________________
Words of Inspiration for the Day
"you’ll be on your way up! you’ll be seeing great sights!
you’ll join the high fliers who soar to high heights."
--oh! the places you'll go!
by dr. seuss



i used the poem as a guideline for a speech i gave my junior year of high school while running for an officer position in the FFA. i just love this poem, if you have never read it, excuse me but, what the hell is wrong with you!? do a google search NOW! it will brighten your day and motivate you beyond belief!

No comments:

Post a Comment